Welcome to the April Newsletter. Although we hope to get back to face to face meetings and a Show this Summer it would be nice to have some normality restored. To this end I was going to host a Zoom meeting in May, but it may be prudent to bring it forward a month to our usual April 15th date.
New to Zoom? Here are some quick instructions for getting started (apologies if you are already familiar with the App.)
Before you can attend a Zoom event you will need to download Zoom onto your computer, tablet, or phone.
Here is how you do it:
- Visit this page – https://zoom.us/download and click ‘download’ under ‘Zoom client for meetings’.
- You should see the ‘Zoom installer’ download onto your device. Click on this and click ‘open’ (or ‘run’ depending on which system you have).
- You may see a pop-up box which asks whether you want Zoom to make changes to the hard drive on your computer. If so, click ‘yes’.
- Zoom will now install – you will likely see a progress bar. When it reaches 100% the process is complete. Zoom is now installed, and you will be able to access our virtual talks by clicking a link in the email I will send nearer the time. Click onto this link a few minutes before the scheduled time on Thursday 15th April. To avoid costs to the Society we will split the talks in two with 2 half hour sessions – 7.30-8.00pm then after a break 8.15-8.45pm.(Note: you do not need to create an account to watch our Zoom talks)
- Problems? Please feel free to email or phone me and I will do my best to help.
This will be our first experiment into this venture, and to keep it light I will do a talk on Summer Colour for the Garden, hopefully to cheer us all up after a long winter. If the trend continues and we invite external speakers, we need to have sufficient numbers online to make it financially worthwhile as we would have to pay the speaker a fee.
Response to Website
We had a great initial response to our request for email addresses from our February Newsletter and now have 48 on the contact list. Please feel free to forward this Newsletter to any friends who may not have signed up at firstname.lastname@example.org to enable them to join in the Zoom talk.
Many thanks,Fergus CummingPresident (0141 620 1435)
View newsletter as PDF – BACHS Newsletter April 2021